The Luminex Luminiode must be configured to work with your BlackTrax system.
Attention: The following guide outlines how each variable should be set for use with BlackTrax. Each BlackTrax event is unique. There are circumstances where these settings need to be modified based on factors such as the rig, cabling, and patching.
Setup the node through the web interface. Please ensure your IP settings match that of the node(s) you wish to configure. There are 2 ways to configure your node to work with BlackTrax:
- To merge RTTrPL with an Art-Net or sACN universe via the 5-pin DMX ports.
- To reroute the merged data to another universe over the network (for example, when other nodes are being used downstream of your Luminex nodes).
To configure a node to merge and send data via the DMX ports
- Navigate to the web interface, enter the IP address of the node in your browser window.
- Under Node, click on the desired node you wish to configure.
- Set up both the inputs on the center column, select X-FADE.
- Result: The second input is created.
- Choose your universes and label accordingly.
- Set up your merge channel in the middle section, choose the channel, and you can use the gear to change the source.
- Select the DMX output to use the DMX port on the node. If you need to re-route, choose Artnet, or sACN,and specify the output universe.
Standard merge settings:
Outputs universe 1 to the DMX port on the node, with a crossfade.
Note: This is for multiple merge channels.
To apply custom settings for multiple merge channels
- Select Custom in the center column.
- Result: This setting creates 4 inputs and shows a Patch button in the center area.
- Make input 1 Artnet, or sACN Universe 2 RTTrPL.
- Set universes accordingly.
- Click the Patch button in the middle section.
- In the middle, you can control which channels you want to affect, the mode (X-FADE), and the control channel. Press Apply to the right of these input boxes, and you should see it affect all the channels in the table below these settings. You can do this multiple times to control which channels are listening to which control channels. You can then press Apply on the top-right corner to save. It will also close this screen.
- Select the DMX output to use the DMX port on the node. If you need to re-route, choose Artnet, and specify the universe you want to output to.
To configure a node to reroute merged data to send to other DMX nodes
Standard re-route settings:
This is done by selecting an Artnet or sACN output, and designating the universe you wish to use. You can also designate which IP re routes the merged data to (default will be broadcast on 2.x.x.x).
Re-routes universe 101 to 1, with a crossfade.
Global settings is used to specify the merge channel universe:
Remember to press the Save button whenever you make changes, and that you enable the outputs you want to use.
The standard view of Node page with one output enabled and the other disabled (checkboxes in the upper left):