Along the bottom of the screen, the status bar displays important system information at a glance. The following information is available for view:
Attention: The following status icons act as buttons and can be clicked on to toggle following.
- Mode Status: Displays if calibration mode is active or normal mode is active.
- Normal Mode: Fixtures follow according to chapter programming and current chapter. BlackTrax controls pan and tilt, and optionally zoom, iris, and dimming of intensity.
- Fixture Calibration Mode: Fixtures follow according to the Fixture Calibration View, and BlackTrax controls intensity, pan, tilt, zoom, iris, colour, and gobo. Chapters are ignored.
- BTNet Connection Status: Displays if the BTSensors are connected to the BlackTrax network and in sync. BTNet Connection Status appears only if the Legacy Mode checkbox in the Sensor section of the System Configuration widget is not selected.
- BTNet Active: Indicates the active connection to BTSensors. (SYNC) and FPS will appear if the connected BTSensors are being synced.
- BTNet Disabled: Indicates no active connection to BTSensors.
Attention: The BTNet status icons act as buttons and can be clicked on to toggle BTNet connection.
- Current Chapter: Displays the chapter currently active.
- MCV: Stands for Merging Channel Value and displays the current DMX value from the console of the merging channel.
- Note: The numbers beside "MCV" will flash colors when a new DMX packet is received by BlackTrax.
- DMX Input: Indicates if the system is receiving DMX information either from ArtNet or sACN. An animated icon indicates the system is receiving information.
- Motion Control: Indicates if the system is receiving motion information. An animated icon indicates the system is receiving information. The Motion Control icon will turn red when BTSensors are in Focusing mode indicating that the system is not ready to receive real-time motion.
- Sensor: Indicates the number of BTSensors actively connected to BTNet.
- The Sensor icon will turn red if BTSensors are missing.
- The Sensor icon will turn red if BTSensors are dropping frames, the sensors in Sensor View will display a message, and the corresponding sensor icon will appear in the Sensor List widget. The Sensor icon will return to normal if sensors are not dropping frames.
- If a BTSensor drops out, the Sensor number on the Status Bar will turn red, the missing sensor will display a "Missing" label in its name on the Sensor View center pane. When the BTSensor comes back, the Sensor number on the Status Bar will turn white and the "Missing" label will disappear.
- BTWYG Updates: Indicates if the system is receiving an update from BTWYG via the BTX Apply function.
- Messages: A button to access the messages widget.
- Changes: Indicates if changes are Live (everything is actively sending to the lighting fixtures and all constructed Frames are reporting position) or Blind (changes that have been made, but are not actively sending to the real world system or live space). The Apply Changes button will apply the changes to the live space.
- Any change made to the BlackTrax project will be saved to a temporary savepoint. The savepoint that was created will last until the BlackTrax project is closed.
- The blue LED next to the Changes: Live indicator will turn to a flashing red LED next to the Changes: Blind indicator whenever changes are made to the project but are not yet applied to the live space.
- Apply Changes: Click Apply Changes to apply any blind changes to the live space.
- The Apply Changes confirmation and reminder dialog box appears and offers the option to select the Do not remind me again checkbox to disable this confirmation/reminder dialog box. The Do not remind me again checkbox is linked with and has identical functionality as Enable confirmation prompts for system changes checkbox in System Configuration.
- The changes made from the selected option/s will be applied to the live space and blue LED next to Changes: Live will be displayed.
To enable fixture calibration
- When in Normal Mode, in the status bar, click the Normal Mode button to switch to Fixture Calibration Mode.
- The mode switch confirmation and reminder dialog box appears and offers the option to select the Do not remind me again checkbox to disable this confirmation/reminder dialog box. The Do not remind me again checkbox is linked with and has identical functionality as Enable confirmation prompts for system changes checkbox in System Configuration.
- BlackTrax is set to Fixture Calibration Mode and the features of the Fixture Calibration view is unlocked.
To disable fixture calibration
- When in Fixture Calibration Mode, in the status bar, click the Fixture Calibration button to switch to Normal Mode.
- Result: BlackTrax is set to Normal Mode and the Fixture Calibration view features is locked.
To enable or disable BTNet connection
- Use the BTNet Active/BTNet Disabled slider button on the left-hand side of the Status Bar to activate and connect to the BTSensors in the BlackTrax Network.
- On the Status Bar, the slider button displays BTNet Active, and FPS status appears to indicate the active connection. (SYNC) will only appear if the BTSensors are being synced when connected.
- The Sensor icon on the right-hand of the Status Bar displays the number of BTSensors connected.
- The connected BTSensors appear automatically on the Sensor Calibration View.
- Note: BTNet will stop tracking if disabled. A message dialog box will appear asking to confirm if you want to shutdown tracking. This dialog box can be hidden if you have selected the Enable confirmation prompts for system changes checkbox in the System section of System Configuration.