After extensive use the lithium-ion battery in a BTBeacon may no longer operate and be unable to power the BTBeacon. The lithium-ion battery’s life cycle is at its end if the lithium-ion battery will not hold a charge and the BTBeacon will not power on. When this occurs, it is recommended that the lithium-ion battery inside the BTBeacon be carefully replaced with a new lithium-ion battery.
- Only use lithium-ion batteries supplied by CAST. It is recommended that batteries be changed once a year to ensure optimal performance.
- The following are required when replacing a BTBeacon’s battery:
- Replacement battery
- 3/8” Hex key
- Adhesive tape
To replace a BTBeacon’s battery
- On the BTBeacon, hold down the red Power button for 2 seconds.
- Result: The BTBeacon will power off. No lights on the unit will be on.
- Turn the BTBeacon over. Using a hex key, remove the 3/8” screws holding the case together.
- Carefully separate the two halves of the BTBeacon case. There is a ribbon cable connecting the motherboard in one half of the case, to the lithium-ion battery in the other half of the case.
- Disconnect the ribbon cable from the motherboard.
- The lithium-ion battery is attached to the case with adhesive tape. Gently remove the battery free from the case.
- Attention: When removing the battery, use soft tools and take care to not puncture or damage the battery casing.
- Properly dispose of the old battery.
- Take a new battery and adhere it to the inside of the case.
- Note: The adhesive tape must be heat resistant to function properly.
- Connect the ribbon of the new battery to the motherboard.
- Join the halves of the BTBeacon case and close the unit.
- Fasten screws to the back of the BTBeacon case, sealing it.
- Press the Power button down.
- Result: The lights of the BTBeacon will flash and the unit will turn on. The BTBeacon’s battery has successfully been replaced.