- Case: Plastic on a wearable band
- Diameter: 3.487 cm (1.37")
- Height: 1.549 cm (0.61")
- 0°C to +40°C (32°F to 104°F)
A Mini Beacon emits infrared light in a unique pattern. These infrared pulses create a unique ID used to identify Mini Beacons. When the LED infrared pulse is seen by 2 or more BTSensors, the positional coordinates (XYZ) for the Stringer LED is calculated by the BTServer.
The Mini Beacon's internal rechargeable battery can be recharged with the use of the Sync Dock. The Sync Dock sets the Mini Beacons to automatically sync with the TimeKeeper of the BlackTrax system, while charging.
Attention: The Mini Beacon must connect to the new TimeKeeper model. Contact BlackTrax Technical Support (CAST) for the firmware required to run the Mini Beacons with TimeKeeper, Router and Beacons.
- When a Mini Beacon is docked in the Sync Dock, it will take around 1 minute for the Mini Beacon to fully sync with the TimeKeeper.
- The Mini Beacon does not transmit a radio signal.
- The default brightness of a Mini Beacon is 2.5ms.
A Mini Beacon’s rechargeable lithium-ion battery is not fully charged when shipped. Please read the following instructions carefully:
- A Mini Beacon will take about 2 hours to fully charge.
- Never charge Mini Beacons in the Sync Dock near heat or flammable objects.
- The temperature range which the MIni Beacon can be charged is 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F). Charging outside the recommended temperature range may automatically be blocked by the protection circuitry of the deMvice.
- Do not charge or use the Mini Beacon if any damage has occurred to the device.
- The temperature range over which the Mini Beacon’s battery can operate is 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F). Operation outside of this temperature range may damage the performance of the battery or may reduce its life expectancy.
- Battery performance will naturally decay over time. If a battery can not maintain charge for long periods, even when it is being charged correctly, this may indicate it is time to replace the battery. Contact your BTE for details on replacement.
Attention: Any unauthorized modification to the Mini Beacon or its battery will invalidate any warranty claim and may damage the device.