Fixture calibration data can be saved as a calibration file separate from the BlackTrax project. Calibration can be saved as a BlackTrax Calibration file (.btcal) which can be read by BlackTrax, or as an XML file for third-party use. Calibration profiles saved as .btcal files can be loaded and edited as needed in a project.
- Fixture calibration data from any preset can be exported or imported into any preset you are currently in.
- The calibration data that was imported becomes part of the preset you are currently in.
- The calibration data that was imported remains part of any other presets where data has been exported from or into already.
Attention: BlackTrax cannot use XML calibration files to further calibrate fixtures. Fixture calibration saved to this format is only for third party use.
To export calibration data
Created calibration data can be saved separately from the BlackTrax project as a BlackTrax calibration file (.btcal).
- In Fixture Calibration View, ensure that you are currently in the preset that you want to export from.
- From the File menu, choose Export and then choose Fixture Calibration.
- In the Export Calibration window, select which calibration file type will be used from the drop-down menu.
- Note: To export specific fixtures from a preset, select the desired fixtures before exporting your calibration data.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the calibration file.
- In the File Name field, type the name of the calibration session.
- Click Save.
To import calibration data
- In Fixture Calibration View, ensure that you are currently in the preset that you want to import to.
- In the Fixtures widget, select the fixtures which have calibration data you want to import.
- From the File menu, choose Import and then choose Fixture Calibration.
- In the Browse window, browse to the location where the calibration file (.btcal) is located.
- Select the .btcal file.
- Click Open.
To uncalibrate a fixture
- In the Fixtures widget, select the fixtures you want to remove all calibration data from.
- Click the Clear Selected Data button.
- Result: All calibration data and measurement points are deleted from the selected fixtures.
To uncalibrate all fixtures in the project
- In the Fixtures widget, click Clear All Data.
- Result: A dialog box appears asking if you really want to clear all calibration data from the project.
- Click Yes.
- Result: All calibration data are removed from all fixtures in the project.