To calibrate a fixture, measurement points must be collected. Measurement points are samples of fixture and BTBeacon data collected by the BTSystem. Typically this involves a fixture attempting to lock onto a BTBeacon in the Space. Then with the fixture’s beam frozen in place, moving the Stringer LED so that it is in the center of the beam.
There are two ways to control how fixtures move for fixture calibration: Follow Beacon, and Pan/Tilt Sliders.
Follow Beacon: Using this control method, a fixture that has been assigned a beacon, and is currently active, will attempt to follow a BTBeacon. If there are differences between the original project file and the actual physical space, fixture following will be inaccurate and be off center from the BTBeacon. This is normal behavior for uncalibrated fixtures, and will be corrected after successful fixture calibration.
Pan/Tilt Sliders: Using this control method, the pan and tilt sliders in the Measurement section are used to move selected fixtures.
To select a control mode for fixture calibration
- In the Fixture Calibration Control widget, select the control method from the Control Mode drop-down menu.
- Result: Fixtures will move according to the selected control method.
To move a fixture using the pan/tilt sliders
- In the Fixture Calibration view, in the central widget, select the fixture you want to move.
- Select the control method to Pan/Tilt Sliders.
- The tilt of the fixture can be moved by adjusting the Tilt slider, or entering the exact angle in the Tilt field.
- The pan of the fixture can be moved by adjusting the Pan slider, or entering the exact angle in the Pan field.
- You may click the Flip Pan button to reverse the pan/tilt movement without the collection of measurement points.
- You must click Apply Changes after changing a Fixture's inverted status.
- Click on the Time scroll box to set a longer time to complete the Flip Pan movement during any of these operations:
- During Fixture Calibration when measurement points are being collected.
- When Flip Pan button is clicked but measurement points are not being collected.
- When the fixture's pan/tilt reaches the end of its range and performs a Pan Flip movement.
Attention: During Fixture Calibration, when any of the 3 scenarios mentioned above occur, the fixture will perform a full 180 degree pan/tilt movement which could cause the hang structure to shake. Setting a longer time to complete the Flip Pan will make the movement smoother and avoid any change in position or alignment.
Zoom and Iris can be controlled from the Fixture Calibration Control widget using the Zoom and Iris sliders similar to pan and tilt of the selected fixture(s). If the checkboxes for Apply Globally are set, then the control will apply to all currently active or queued fixtures, otherwise, it will only apply to the currently selected fixture.
In Fixture Calibration mode, Zoom and Iris control applies only to Fixure(s) assigned to a Beacon or in "Pan/Tilt Sliders" Control Mode; all other fixtures are released to the lighting console.
- Note: A momentary loss of control of your fixtures will happen occasionally while changing the Zoom and Iris in Fixture Calibration mode. This normal behavior happens only when you use the sliders to actively control the Zoom and Iris in Fixture Calibration mode.
BlackTrax will also attempt to auto clear any colour and gobos that the console is instructing the fixture to use. While in Fixture Calibration Mode, BlackTrax will also control the intensity of the fixtures, turning them on or off based on if they are queued or not.