- FCC ID: RKT- BTBCV01
- IC: 10858A- BTBCV01
- Model: BTBCV01P
- Case: Plastic with Velcro strap attachments
- Width: 4.94 cm (1.945”)
- Height: 8.08 cm (3.18”)
- Depth: 1.87 cm (.737”)
- Weight: 70 g (2.5 oz)
- Data: USB, Radio 2.4 (GHz) 10Hz
- Power: Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery, charged by 5V USB
- Watt hour: 4.44 Wh normal operation, 5.04 Wh while charging
- 0°C to +40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Warning: If a BTBeacon experiences a charge error, there could be a potential issue with the Lithium-ion battery. Discontinue use immediately. For more information about Lithium-ion battery safety see “Health and Safety Information”. Alternately, no battery may be in the BTBeacon.
Each BTBeacon has three ports, each of which can power a single connected Stringer. When a Stringer is connected to a BTBeacon’s LED port, the Stringer’s LED will emit infrared light in a unique pattern. These infrared pulses create a unique ID used to identify BTBeacons. When the LED infrared pulse is seen by 2 or more BTSensors, the positional coordinates (XYZ) for the Stringer LED is calculated by the BTServer. Position is based on the location of visible Stringer LEDs connected to a BTBeacon. Orientation data (roll, pitch, yaw) is determined by an internal inertial measurement unit (IMU). The IMU also functions as a backup for determining the BTBeacon's position. The IMU measures acceleration and rotation.
The BTBeacons have a red power and reset button, and two white auxiliary buttons. The auxiliary buttons are used during fixture calibration.
The BTBeacon transmits the following data over radio to the BTRouter, which is relayed to the BTServer: IMU data, button presses, battery status, configuration details, and Stringer IDs.
To enter the BTBeacon into Boot Loader Mode, turn the beacon off and hold A or B while inserting the BTBeacon into the BTSmart Charger. This mode is used to update firmware.
A BTBeacon’s rechargeable lithium-ion battery is not fully charged when shipped. Please read the following instructions carefully:
- Never charge BTBeacon near heat or flammable objects.
- The temperature range which the BTBeacon can be charged is 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F). Charging outside the recommended temperature range may automatically be blocked by the protection circuitry of the device.
- Do not charge or use the BTBeacon if any damage has occurred to the device.
- The temperature range over which the BTBeacon’s battery can operate is 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F). Operation outside of this temperature range may damage the performance of the battery or may reduce its life expectancy.
- Battery performance will naturally decay over time. If a battery can not maintain charge for long periods, even when it is being charged correctly, this may indicate it is time to replace the battery.
After a period of time the battery of the BTBeacon will naturally decay through normal use and require replacement. Contract your BTE for details on replacing the BTBeacon battery.
Attention: Any unauthorized modification to the BTBeacon or its battery will invalidate any warranty claim and may damage the device.